Archive for Updates & Events
The U-10 schedules have changed so please take a look at the new, updated version.
Here is a link to the new updated schedule.
This Saturday 9/18, Brian Wilson will be on hand to lead the first 20 minutes of each Saturday session. He will be on hand to help with the 20 minute game portion of each session also. Brian is a nationally licensed coach and experienced in training younger players. Pick his brain, steal his games, make these sessions work for you too.
We are moving some fields around so here is a map to help you find the field you will be playing on.
A permanent map will be placed under the About Us section of this site.
This past Saturday an enthusiastic group of people gathered on the new Madison, Virginia soccer fields and volunteered their time and energy for the improvement of the playing fields. Along with hard work there was a lot of fun to be had by all.
The largest rock award went to Jim Landolt. Assisting the adults were lots and lots of kid help. Others who attended were Bruce Parker(not pictured), Yates Sealander, Lisa Warren, Maya Roberts, Chris Newman, Danny Criglar, Fred Santinga and Steve Gohn.
The next volunteer day is Sunday, August 29th at 1:00.
Please come and if you can, bring a friend. Thanks to your efforts our kids will play safer.
The fall soccer sign-ups are over and teams have been chosen for the 2010 fall season. You should be hearing from your coach very soon about practice schedules.
Enjoy the season!
Dan Hayes will be hosting a soccer workshop for U-15 girls travel team.
Monday, August 9th
Wednesday, August 11th
Thursday, August 12th
5:30 p.m to 7:00 p.m.
At the primary school soccer fields near the red barn.
For details call Bruce Parker at 948-4986.
Contact: Bonnie at Madison Parks & Rec. at 540-948-6887 to register your child
Deadline: August 10th
Madison McDonalds Soccer Sign-ups
When: Tuesday August 3rd from 6:00p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Tuesday August 10th from 6:00p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Where: Madison McDonalds
Details: Sign your child up for fall soccer.
Teams: U-6 co-ed, U-10 Boys, U-10 Girls, U-12 Boys, U-12 Girls teams are available.
Tell your friends to sign up for soccer!
We have an opportunity for businesses and family sponsors who would be willing to donate time, resources and/or funds to help offset the rising prices of maintaining our NEW fields, equipment and uniforms.
Here is a list of our current sponsorship opportunities:
- Sponsor a Team: For $150 you will receive a business listing on our website and a plaque with the photo of the team you have sponsored for your business.
- Co-Sponsor a Field: For $250 you will receive a business listing on our website and your name or business name will be posted at that field for years to come.
- Sponsor a Field: For $500 you will receive a Gold-Star business listing on our website and your business name will be posted at your field for years to come. You also will have the chance to Solo-Sponsor that field each year for added advertising.
- Donate A Building: We are looking for a 12×12(or larger) shed or building to store soccer equipment in. With this donation your business name will be added as a billboard on the building for the life of building.
- Sponsor Time and Resource: Money is helpful, but your time and resources can also help greatly. Become a Time and Resource Sponsor and your name will be added to our website under our sponsors.
To become a sponsor please contact us at this link: Madison Soccer Sponsorship
Thank you for your support of Madison Youth Soccer!
Madison Soccer is forming teams to play in the Skyline Club Soccer League this fall.
Tryouts will be held Thursday July 1 and July 8 from 6-8 PM at Madison Primary School.
All interested boys and girls ages 10-18 are urged to attend.
Come ready to play. Bring water. Shinguards must be worn.
For details call Bruce Parker 540-948-4986.
Madison County Rec Soccer and Greene County Rec Soccer met in what was to be an eventful, exciting and talent-rich series of games. This was the second meeting in two years with the two joining counties.
Jeff Billker, Greene County recreational coordinator, led the events with Madison hosting the games this year. This spring 4 teams were chosen to play; U-10 Boys, U-10 Girls, U-12 Boys, and U-12 Girls.
Pictured below is the U-10 Girls teams.